Sunday, March 11, 2012

Maclays Pale Ale

Maclays Pale Ale

Sleeman Breweries Ltd., Guelph, Ontario, Canada - Pale Ale
Friday 9 March 2012 – 5%Alc./Vol.    52 / 100

Initial Thoughts
Fooled again. I quick dash through the beer section, I thought I’d picked up a genuine Scot. Not so. Brewed twenty minutes from my home in sunny, southern Ontario. Oh boy. The head was in a hurry. All like, “Hi I’m Maclays head! Okay, I got shit to do... seeya!”
First Sip
Pale? Check. Ale? Ahem, pardon? This looks like a cheap and easy lager more than any self respecting ale... Very mild. That’s as nice as I can be at this point. 
Halfway Through
Recycling a personal favorite simile...  I’m thinking Coors light with a “If it’s not Scottish it’s CRAAAAP!!!” tee-shirt on... with a stain on the front.
Bottoms Up
Okay, okay being nice now... It’s easy to drink. Like water. My recommendation: drink Maclays straight from the can after a game of ultimate frisbee. Oh, you don’t play ultimate frisbee? Then you can probably afford to drink something else. So do.

More Information...

No comments:

Post a Comment