Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Schloss Eggenberg Samichlaus Classic

Do you like bold statements? I find them intriguing. This particular beer, presented in a nondescript brown bottle with a brown and chrome label delivers a mix of subtlety and swagger.

14% alcohol is not a subtle thing.

The fine print is as subtle as Trump's twitter account.

"The World's Most Extraordinary Beverage".

I shit you not.

The perforated neck gaiter is a classy touch.

Brewed only once a year on December 6th before being aged for 10 months before bottling. This kind of storytelling never fails to reel me in...

Delightful. I cannot begin to imagine the dose of malts. Quadruple? Quintuple? Is hextuple a thing? Towering alcohol and enough apparent residual sugar to stand a spoon in it. I don't generally go for sweet drinks but the symphony of hops and hop extract with the astonishing malts is, well... extraordinary.

Give it a try. You can't say you don't like it if you don't try it.

I like it. Once a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment