Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Abbaye St-Remy Trappistes Rochefort 10

This beer has been on my mind for about as long as I have been maintaining this blog (6 years if anyone is curious). It has tempted me for years with it's Trappistes nature and tantalizing 11.4% alcohol by volume. I am not a religious person but I do appreciate the efforts of the devoted brewers of Belgium. I have really been looking forward to this.

The ale is quite dark,  chestnut brown with errant flecks of yeast sediment and a frothy tan head. Spectacular aroma of peerless Belgium Trappist Ale. Unmistakable. Deeply malted. The scent alone is enough to make the mouth water.

Astonishingly smooth and rich. An overall sense experience more in line with ungodly hedonistic luxury than the spartan hallmarks of existence you are likely to expect from a monastery. No linen robes and woolen undergarments here. This is finest Italian leather, fly-in fishing, Lightning Ridge opals, Tahitian surf, Australian vintage Shiraz and Sheffield steel. I may never get to drive an Aston Martin DB9 from Krössenbach to Mörtschach but this beer seems to make that sad reality markedly easier to bear.

I love Belgian beer. I love Abbaye St-Remy Trappistes Rochefort 10 wholeheartedly.

100+/100

No comments:

Post a Comment